Do you realize that
the only time in our lives when we like to get old is when we're kids? If you're
less than 10 years old, you're so excitedHOW TO STAY YOUNG
about aging that you think in fractions. "How old are you?" "I'm
four and a half!"You're never thirty-six and a half. You're four and a
half, going on five! That's the key.
You get into your teens, now they can't hold you back. You jump to the next
number, or even a few ahead. "How old are you?" "I'm gonna be
16!" You could be 13, but hey, you're gonna be 16! And then the greatest
day of your life . . . you become 21. Even the words sound like a ceremony . . .
YOU BECOME 21... YESSSS!!!
But then you turn 30. Oooohh, what happened there? Makes you sound like bad
milk. He TURNED; we had to throw him out. There's no fun now, you're just a
sour-dumpling. What's wrong? What's changed? You BECOME 21, you TURN 30,
then you're PUSHING 40.. Whoa! Put on the brakes, it's all slipping away! Before
you know it, you REACH 50 . . . and your dreams are gone. But wait!!! You MAKE
it to 60. You didn't think you would! So you BECOME 21, TURN 30, PUSH 40, REACH
50 and MAKE it to 60. You've built up so much speed that you HIT 70!
After that it's a day-by-day thing; you HIT Wednesday! You get into your 80s and
every day is a complete cycle; you HIT lunch; you TURN 4:30; you REACH bedtime.
And it doesn't end there. Into the 90s, you start going backwards; "I was
JUST 92." Then a strange thing happens. If you make it over 100, you become
a little kid again. "I'm 100 and a half!" May all of you make it to a
100 and a half!
AND ALWAYS REMEMBER:
- Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctor worry about them.
That is why you pay him/her.
- Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.
- Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. " An idle mind is the devil's workshop."
And the devil's name is Alzheimer's.
- Enjoy the simple things.
- Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.
- The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life, is ourselves.
Be ALIVE while you are alive.
- Surround yourself with what you love, whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.
- Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
- Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, to the next county, to a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt is.
- Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that
take our breath away.
George Carlin's View on Aging
Power of the
Click on the
Key NOW !
Funny Pictures to Send to your Friends and Family